Dossier Change of use FAP

The reasons for a change in use of rural buildings are divers. It often means that no agricultural activities are (to be) employed on that location. In many cases the (new) owner has no intention to reinstate the initial agricultural use. In these cases the buildings can be classed as a Former Agricultural Premises (F AP).

With many of these FAP-locations there is a desire to change the official use from agricultural to residential, or less often so to recreational use or business use. A change of use can only be granted if working farms in the vicinity will not be impeded in their conduct of business.

This dossier is not available in English. The Dutch version can be found here.